PhD, Asst. Professor,
School of Communications
Dublin City University
Chair, Faculty Research Ethics Committee
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
Member, University Athena Swan Committee
Previous DCU Roles:
Programme Chair, 2017-2021: DCU BSc in Multimedia
Co-chair, 2020-2021: Athena Swan Committee, School of Communications
Computational Social Science: digital tools and methodologies.
Interdisciplinary methods and collaboration.
Ethics of Digital Research.
Online Communications Analysis.
Irish Political Discourse Online.
Technology in Education.
- Dinh, Nhung
Vietnamese context of social media platform movements
Doctoral Thesis, ongoing
- Powers, J Clark
Endogenous Measures for Contextualising Large-Scale Social Phenomena: A Corpus-Based Method for Mediated Public Discourse
Doctoral Thesis completed: 2022
- CM142 - Responsive Media
- CM2870 - Interactive Applications
- CM376 - Instructional Design
- CM3790 - Project Development
- CM5033 - Data Communication
- UM404 - Uaneen - Leadership & Engagement
- CM110 - Media Technology
- CM1310 - Media Theory & History
- CM1430 - Information Design
- CM267 - Dynamic Websites
- CM2690 - Interaction Design
- CM3005 - Dissertation Design
- CM360 - E-learning Theory & Design
- CM377 - Thesis Production (Group Project)
- CM378 - Programming for the Web
- CM397 - Solo Dissertation Project
- CM565 - Media Innovation & Enterprise
- CM595 - Project Plan and Management
- CM244 - Animation
- CM564 - Media Animation
- CM5003 - Social Media: Structure, Practices & Application